- This event has passed.
Building Community Partnerships to Meet Transitioning Service Member & Family Needs
Thursday Mar 31, 2016 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
This is a free professional development webinar co-presented by MFLN Family Transitions and MFLN Community Capacity Building.
Strong community partnerships are invaluable as military service providers work to meet the needs of transitioning service members and their families. However, partnerships don’t just happen. They are created. Participate in this webinar to discuss the types of community resources needed to support transitioning Service members and their families, identify strategies to locate potential community partners, and examine steps for developing partnerships and mobilizing informal networks.
- Discuss the types of community resources needed to support transitioning Service members & their families
- Identify methods to locate community partners/resources to meet the needs of transitioning military Service members and their families
- Discuss strategies to develop community partnerships (or mobilize informal networks) to meet the needs of transitioning military service members and their families
Dr. Keith Tidball is a Senior Extension Associate in the Department of Natural Resources where he serves as the leader of a suite of projects dealing with veterans and military families. He also serves as the Director of the New York State Extension Disaster Education Network. In these positions, he helps people leverage natural resources to organize, learn, and act in ways that increase their capacity to withstand, and where appropriate to grow from, environmental change and uncertainty.
How to Join the Webinar
You may connect via the Department of Defense Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page.
- Ustream (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch live on MFLN’s Ustream
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.
Participants will earn a Certificate of Completion
After viewing the webinar, scroll down to the bottom of this page where you will find a link under “Evaluation.” After completing the evaluation, you will be prompted to fill out information needed for your Certificate of Completion. A certificate will then be emailed to you.