- This event has passed.
Building Blocks of Military Family Readiness
Thu October 20, 2016: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
This is a free professional development webinar hosted by MFLN Family Transitions and Community Capacity Building.
This webinar will discuss the building blocks of the Family Readiness System (FRS) and the Beyond The Yellow Ribbon (BTYR) program/model and how they contribute to the overall readiness of the military family and community capacity building efforts.
- To define community capacity building
- To define the Family Readiness System
- To introduce Minnesota’s Beyond The Yellow Ribbon program as a model for Family Readiness
How to Join
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or YouTube Live. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page
- Go mobile by viewing on the Adobe Connect app (Android & iPhone compatible)
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via MFLN’s YouTube Live
- YouTube Live (broadcast only, limited interaction)
- Watch the recording
- Go mobile by viewing on the YouTube app
Visit our How to Join page for full information on viewing options and troubleshooting tips.
Judith Dekle, LCSW, has supported military families first as an Air Force Officer and now as a civilian U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) employee for over 20 years. She currently serves as the Associate Director for Family Readiness Programs within the DoD Office of Family Readiness Policy with responsibility for policy and programs that support military families.
Annette Brechon Kuyper is the Director of Military Outreach for the State of Minnesota. Her responsibilities include providing program development strategic communication, outreach and coordination of military support programs for the Department of Military Affairs and on behalf of the state of Minnesota.
Certificate of Completion
After viewing the webinar, scroll down to the bottom of this page where you will find a link under “Evaluation.” After completing the evaluation, you will be prompted to fill out the information needed for your Certificate of Completion. A certificate will then be emailed to you.